Re: Recovery of failed RAID 6 and LVM

On 9/28/2011 5:38 AM, Michal Soltys wrote:
W dniu 28.09.2011 04:50, Stan Hoeppner pisze:

Reading the thread, and the many like it over the past months/years, may
yield a clue as to why you wish to move on to something other than Linux
RAID...

IMHO, in almost all cases - at the end of the chain - is misinformation.
While this might be a bit bold - a lot of users don't even spend a few
minutes doing elementary homework like man md/mdadm/mdadm.conf and less
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/md.txt. Be it normal usage, or when
problems happen. Rumors and forum wisdom can be really damaging - not to
look far away - how many people keep believing that xfs eats your data
and fills it with 0s ?

Two people have responded to my comment above. Neither read it in the proper context. I was responding to Neil. Neil wants to quit Linux RAID. I simply eluded that 'desperate, please save my bacon!' help threads such as the current one may be a factor.

--
Stan