Re: Changed the SATA ports of two disks in RAID10 and raid disappeared

Piotr Legiecki pisze:
Hi

I have RAID10 with 4 disks. Two of them are connected to 3ware PCIe 4 ports SATA controler and the other two on the motherboard SATA ports. I wanted to reconnect those two disks connected to motherboard to 3ware card.

So two questions are important now.
1. How to run this array (safely) again on old ports

Well, that was easy, I have just assembled the array again.

2. How to change the ports to new ones? In a proper way.

Hm, no answer here... still I don't want to repeat my errors.

The other thing bothers me o bit. Why there is
mdadm: metadata format 00.90 unknown, ignored. warnig? AFAIR it was almost from the beggining of my md arrays on this computer.

Solution?

P.