Re: raid array with 3T disks and GPT partition

Rudy Zijlstra wrote:

However lilo won't boot on anything other than 0.9, this I found the
hard way :)

Lilo should be able to boot on version 1.0 arrays too. It's just version 1.1 and 1.2 arrays that kill lilo. But, then again, lilo is so long since dead that one has to wonder why you are still using it.

At least lilo has an understandable way of working. grub2 is just.... a big pain in the *ass as far as i am concerned.

I would say that grub seems easier to use than grub2. Haven't used lilo since I got off Slackware, and it has an annoying limit of 19 bootable kernels.

--
Bill Davidsen<davidsen@xxxxxxx>
  We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have