Re: RAID 1 using SSD and 2 HDD

no this not work very fast...
use bcache  or other similar ssd+harddisk cache solution (facebook
have one solution i don´t remember the name)
mixing ssd and hdd are a big problem, since write speed is the slowest
(maybe ssd maybe hdd) and read speed isn´t very well since read in ssd
can be non sequencial and at hdd sequencial is prefered, the read
balance algorithm is tuned to use the near position device, and
sometimes ssd isn´t used, or less used or more used...
a bigger speed can be done using a cache solution (ssd+hdd or ssd+raid1(hdd))
that was my test results... maybe someone have others results

2011/7/19 Mike Power <mpower@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Is it possible to implement a RAID 1 array using two equal size HDD and one
> smaller and faster SSD.  The idea being that the resulting RAID would have
> the same size of the HDD while picking up the speed benefits of the SSD.
>  You can do something similar today by just buying two hybrid drives and
> putting them in an array.  By purchasing a dedicated SSD drive for that
> purpose you gain the ability of controlling the size of the SSD portion.  I
> was hoping the RAID array could use the SSD more as a cache then a redundant
> storage.
>
> Mike Power
> --

Roberto Spadim