Re: Reinstall OS Without Disturbing Software Raid Array

On 7/9/2011 11:53 AM, Noah Swint wrote:
Can I reinstall fedora 14 without destroying the software raid array?
Yes.

In the Fedora installer, when you get to the disk partitioning options selection,
choose "Custom" which is, I believe the last option on the pull down menu.

That assumes, of course, that you are using the GUI installer version.
If you are installing in text mode, the choice is the same, however the menu is different.

One may if you like, also selectively save existing partitions and their data, but choosing
whether or not you want them to be formatted.

Often one may want to preserve /home, assuming that it is a separate partition or md device.

Cheers,
Maurice Hilarius
eMail: /mhilarius@xxxxxxxxx/