Re: flummoxed why I can't umount my md device. fuser and lsof show no files locked

Hi Roman,
Sorry for the stupid omission, I did try running umount /media/local/Raid to no avail. The other thing I also tried was the lazy dismount option, but it never unmounted, I did a force, then remount and dismount, but it didn't make any difference to the errors. none of the processes have a working directory in the Raid folder as it is just for storage, the OS and apps are on a separate drive entirely. I also ensured that my ssh session was not in the /media/local folder either.

I am pretty sure that I actually want the array running in order to run a mkfs against it (obviously) I just tried that as a last ditch attempt. I'm really just trying to figure out how I can find out what process has the folder locked if lsof and fuser can't tell me :-)

cheers
Simon