Re: mdadm does not create partition devices whatsoever, "partitionable" functionality broken

I forgot to mention that I've also tried "sudo fdisk /dev/md1" and creating two partitions that way. It fails too.

This leads me to conclude that /dev/md1 was never created in partitionable mode and that the kernel refuses to create anything beyond a single partition on it.