Re: wish for Linux MD mirrored raid types

:) yes, i didn't like the idea, and raid1 at linux can have many
mirrors not only 3...
the point here is:

raid1 isn't a industrial internacional name at linux eheh
raid1 is a module at linux kernel
raid10 is another module at linux kernel
raid10 and raid1 are part of md, so... don't check internacional
industry documentation to understand what raid1 and raid10 linux
modules are... check linux documentation

raid1 have write-behind and write-mostly, raid10 don't
there's different codes for raid10 and raid1, you must check
raid1 is an easy code, very simple
raid10 is more complex, with many layouts

i think the point here is a feature request to allow raid1 some
layouts, but... i think that's badblocks and others todo are more
important, users can use raid10 if they want different layouts, and...
they can code too... a patch is very welcome

Roberto Spadim
Spadim Technology / SPAEmpresarial