Re: Recommended pci-e 1x SATA cards.

Steven Haigh put forth on 4/14/2011 11:35 PM:

> Keep in mind that this card is over double the cost of the Syba brand
> from NewEgg. For some reason, it seems that the cards I've located in
> retail stores are double what they are in the US. Taking into account
> the exchange rate, they should be about the same cost - is $1AUD is
> currently around $1.05USD.

I'm not familiar at all with product pricing (gauging) in AU.  The
Addonics card is only $8 more than the Syba card at Newegg, $35 vs $27
USD.  Isn't all PC hardware overpriced in AU, just like in the UK?  I've
seen numerous mobos and what not priced at over 300 pounds, making them
equivalent to over $1000 USD.  These were run of the mill upper midrange
Asus etc type boards that sell for less than $200 USD.

> At this stage, I think my best bet for a new card is to get a mate in
> the US to get one and ship it over. It is probably still cheaper than
> buying locally.

If international shipping on a less than 1 lbs package is less than $30
then yeah, you'd probably save a little.

Sorry I couldn't get you better options, cost wise.  I recommended the
lowest price highest quality/compat cards available, in the US that is.

--
Stan