Re: SSD - TRIM command

i don´t think so, since it´s ATA command, any ATA compatible can use
it, it could be used for HD with badblocks and dynamic reallocation
without problems, the harddisk don´t need a dedicated space for
badblock. for md software we must know if devices support or not TRIM.

the next question, md is ATA compatible? no!?, it´s a linux device,
not a ATA device. what commands linux devices allow? could md allow
TRIM?

2011/2/21 Mathias Burén <mathias.buren@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On 21 February 2011 20:47, Phillip Susi <psusi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 2/21/2011 2:39 PM, Roberto Spadim wrote:
>>> sorry, but i sent email without a information:
>>> TRIM is a 'ATA Specification' command
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRIM_command
>>>
>>> any disk with ATA command could suport TRIM, hard disk or ssd or
>>> anyother type of phisical allocation
>>
>> Sure, but hard disks have no reason to, which is why they don't and
>> won't support it.
>>

> My point exactly.
>
> // M
> --