Re: mdadm: recovering from an aborted reshape op - to ensure at least one email gets through!

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 16:36:15 -0800 (PST) Gavin Flower <gavinflower@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> You last command seems to be doing something useful, after I had given it the original backup file.
>
> I will update you when it finishes...
>
> Will you still want the diagnostic output?  I am happy to send it, if you think it will be useful.

No, not necessary.

I guess whatever boot script tried to assemble the device didn't know
to tell it about a backup file and so the assembly didn't complete,
leaving you to pick up the pieces, but with no clear message explaining
what the pieces were...

I hope that in a few releases we can largely do away with the backup
file so I probably won't put much effort into trying to make this all
run more seamlessly.

> If you want me to run other diagnostics, please let me know.
>
> You deserve a huge bonus on top of the exorbitant (of zero dollars and zero cents) fee I am paying you! -)

:-)

Thanks,
NeilBrown