Re: SSD - TRIM command

nice =)
but check that parity block is a raid information, not a filesystem information
for raid we could implement trim when possible (like swap)
and implement a trim that we receive from filesystem, and send to all
disks (if it´s a raid1 with mirrors, we should sent to all mirrors)
i don´t know what trim do very well, but i think it´s a very big write
with only some bits for example:
set sector1='00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000'
could be replace by:
trim sector1
it´s faster for sata communication, and it´s a good information for
hard disk (it can put a single '0' at the start of the sector and know
that all sector is 0, if it try to read any information it can use
internal memory (don´t read hard disk), if a write is done it should
write 0000 to bits, and after after the write operation, but it´s
internal function of hard disk/ssd, not a problem of md raid... md
raid should need know how to optimize and use it =] )