RE: raid1 with rotating offsite disks for backup

	Oh.  I think I mis-read his original post.  When I read it the first
time, I inferred he was attempting this to do a full backup of the array.
Reading again, I think you are correct.  If he wants to just update the data
on the array, I think rsync (or maybe dar) would be a better solution.  If
he wants a full backup from scratch, I don't see why a RAID1 solution would
not work, do you?

> md can resync 'just the changed blocks' by using the 'write intent bitmap'
> and event counters.
> However it only clears the bits in the bitmap when the array is not
> degraded.
> In your suggestion the 3-drive RAID1 is always degraded so bits are never
> cleared, so each resync is effectively a complete resync.

	Yeah, to do a full backup from scratch, I think I would set the
array up as a 2 drive array, take the array off-line, remove one drive,
assemble the array, and then add the spare.  'Clumsy, though.  I still think
he would be better off with rsync or dar.