Re: MD raid and different elevators (disk i/o schedulers)

On 29/07/10 19:23, Eric Shubert wrote:

I've been running several vmware server hosts with elevator=deadline on
raid1 for a year or so now, with no problems.

Nice to hear it, because I have just switched my newly installed vmware server (Debian Lenny, md raid1, vmware server) from CFQ to deadline because CFQ is VERY slow, causes the entire system to hang for some seconds every now and then, and it seems that it also crashed the whole machine during intense I/O from the only virtual guest I have running (a Win2008 with MS SQL server).

--

Fabio "Kurgan" Muzzi