Re: Missing Drives

James Howells wrote:
Basically, I have a 5 disk RAID-5 array in an Addonics external enclosure.
Each disk is 1TB in size. Since I am running it over USB, it's takes 3-3.5
days to resync the disks if something goes pear-shaped.

I can't speak to your underlying problem, but if you add an internal (or external) bitmap to your array, it speeds up rebuild time considerably.

At create time, you can use the " --bitmap=internal " option. I know you can also add a bitmap to an existing array, but I don't remember the magic incantation at the moment (you can probably find it by searching the list archives - the topic has come up before). Or google "write intent bitmap."

Miles Fidelman