Re: RAID5 crashed for unknown reason on old 2.6.16 kernel

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:53:50 +0200
Markus Hennig <mhennig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I got all my data back from a degraded RAID5 array with 3 disks.
> The only point which is worth to mention: XFS as underlying file
> system is ineligible for small/cheap NAS because it is not edian safe.
> I bought a powerpc driven MAC to replay the XFS journal...

QEMU can emulate almost every modern architecture while running on almost any
different one, with various degrees of (understandable) slowness.

> That leads to my question to the list: does somebody know if BTRFS is
> endian safe or what is an endian-safe alternative to ext3/ext ?

I'd suggest to use Ext4 for now. You can always convert it to BTRFS at a later
time: https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Conversion_from_Ext3

--
With respect,
Roman