Re: [mdadm GIT PULL] rebuild checkpoints, incremental assembly, volume delete/rename, and fixes

On 07/06/2010 12:50 AM, Neil Brown wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 17:56:51 -0700
> Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 23:33 -0700, Neil Brown wrote:

>>> I don't remember seeing that before - sorry.
>>> It looks OK.  It might be nice to combine it with the ->default_layout
>>> setting somehow, but that isn't necessary in the first instance.
>>>
>>> Include it in the next pull request and I'll take it.
>>>

>> Here is the updated pull request:
>>
>> The following changes since commit b3b4e8a7a229cccca915421329a5319f996b0842:
>>   NeilBrown (1):
>>         Avoid skipping devices where removing all faulty/detached devices.
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>   git://github.com/djbw/mdadm.git master
>>
>> Dan Williams (10):
>>       mdmon: periodically checkpoint recovery
>>       Kill subarray v2
>>       imsm: dump each disk's view of the slot state
>>       mdmon: record sync_completed directly to the metadata
>>       Remove 'checkpointing' side effect of --wait-clean
>>       Always assume SKIP_GONE_DEVS behaviour and kill the flag
>>       Rename subarray v2
>>       mdmon: prevent allocations due to late binding
>>       Merge branch 'subarray' into for-neil
>>       Merge branch 'fixes' into for-neil
>>
>> Dave Jiang (1):
>>       create: Check with OROM limit before setting default chunk size
>
> Thanks.  They all look credible.
> I have pulled and pushed so you can find them in
>    git://neil.brown.name/mdadm master
>

> I'm fairly seriously considering cutting a 3.1.3 shortly (Thursday?) so that
> I have a clean slate to build the policy frame work and aim it for 3.2.0.
>
> If you have anything that you would like to see included in (or addressed
> for) 3.1.3, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> NeilBrown

Hey Neil, I'm just back on the job.  I'd appreciate a few days to go
through all my bugs and see what items not related to the policy
framework might need fixed from my perspective for a 3.1.3 release.
Thanks ;-)

--
Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194