Re: Device kicked from raid too easilly

Hi Ian,

I do not think this is md-related, nor related to the other dropout
problem.  Here we have a write-error, which correctly makes the disk
drop.  So if you say the error is kind of a soft error, then actually
either the disks firmware or the scsi layer should be handling this.

But as always on write errors: mostly there are more than one write
request in the queue, so it's probably hard to find out which data
couldn't be written, or the data has already been discarded.  Well,
write errors are those that should be handled in Firmware...

Stefan

P.S.: maybe you should check for firmware updates of the disks?