Re: My Thecus RAID-0 filesystem unmountable with mdadm. Please help.

On 27/05/2010 02:03, David Reniau wrote:
Dear Linux-RAID gurus,

That's very kind of you but I'm no guru, just a user like yourself, though perhaps with a little more experience and I've hung around here a while because I like to know what goes on inside the black box.

[...]
Similarly, IF the default chunk size (64K) i've been using so far with
mdadm happens to be different from the Thecus', would the above
tune2fs -l /dev/md0 command deliver results identical to the above
ones with the corrected Thecus chunk size applied via mdadm
--assemble? Could this parameter modification be sufficient to get my
RAID filesystem back and mountable?

I don't know if the tune2fs info will be identical but it would be similar. You'll need to --create the array again with the corrected chunk size, not just --assemble it, but yes this on its own might very well be enough to get your filesystem back.

Cheers,

John.