Re: My Thecus RAID-0 filesystem unmountable with mdadm. Please help.

On Tue, 25 May 2010, Neil Brown wrote:

As far as I can tell from all the details you provided, everything is
behaving as expected except that the filesystem looks bad.  It could be that
the Thecus NAS vendors made some incompatible change in the ext3 filesystem
format for their product.  I would rate that as fairly unlikely but
definitely possible.  I believe it has happened before.

Yes, I tried putting some NAS drives (don't remember the brand) into a regular linux box and I could read most but not all files, and my research back then indicated that they had some kind of mix of ext3 and ext4 on there that was not in the mainline kernel.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx