Re: Shrink mdadm RAID5 from 6 disks to 5?

Thanks for the quick reply Neil,

I tried the suggested syntax, excluding the array-size in order to
have mdadm give me the value - but it did not.  I also tried grabbing
the current array size from df, but I got an error about being unable
to change array size in the same operation.

So just to confirm I'm understanding you correctly ;  mdadm -G
/dev/md127 --raid-devices 5 --backup=/root/backup  - should generate
an error that provides the array-size value?