Re: problem with mdadm --incremental on ubuntu from initramfs (path choice related) on version 3.x

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 22:01 +0200, Luca Berra wrote:

> i tought ubuntu had /lib/init/rw, being debian based, or is it only the
> mdadm subdire under that one missing? current git should create the
> latter.

must have been the missing subdir underneath I think. I have found an
ubuntu bug now that addresses the missing /var/run/ folder so I guess it
will be fixed in a future release (Ubuntu has an outdated version of
mdadm also - so I have now built my own package of 3.1.2 and fixed up
the missing initramfs folder)

> >My final thought is, that to make this bug report, I had to come and
> >sign up here on this list, and then hope that the mdadm maintainer will
> >read it. The mdadm software really needs a bugtracker, or better
> >instructions on the site as to how to go about reporting issues

> What's wrong about a mailing list?

Well, first of all it isn't immediately obvious where to report bugs at
all.

http://neil.brown.name/blog/mdadm you then need to surf to the "front"
link then to contact, but it is a little vague.

and as for what's wrong with a mailinglist? all the obvious things
tracking bugs, priority, other people locating similar issues to
comment, tracking patches and so on.

Thanks for your response.

Best Regards

Jools