Re: e2fsck + RAID-5 disk fail test question

The errors on the filesystem are not related to the RAID setup nor the
failure. You might have had those errors while the array was working.

I suggest you install smartmontools and run smartctl -a /dev/sdx on
each disk on the array and see if you have ATA or CRC errors. These
indicate cable issues usually. SECTOR errors indicate physical damage
on the disk (bad sectors).

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:09 AM, Tirumala Reddy Marri <tmarri@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To be more specific. Is it ok to see error during e2fcsk test after the
> disk forced to fail in RAID-5.
> Regards,
> Marri

       Majed B.