RE: Bitmap did not survive reboot

> This allows comparison of not just the final throughput but also the
> various activities.  Regardless though, 109 average versus 92 average is
> a very telling story.  That's an 18% performance difference and amounts
> to a *HUGE* factor.

	Well, not so much.  Remember, there is only 1 link for ingress /
egress on these machines - a single Gig-E link.  Getting much over 90 MBps
would be a challenge.  Really the only process running on this machine is an
rsync daemon which runs at 04:00 every morning, and I really don't care if
the rsync takes an extra 10 minutes or some such.  Of course, in the event
of having to copy the entire data set to a failed array, any extra
performance would be welcome, but I'm really not concerned about it.  Now if
this were one of my commercial production servers, it would be a different
matter, but this is for my house, and it is only a backup unit.  That
doesn't mean I am going to revert to the smaller bitmap chunk, though.