RE: Bitmap did not survive reboot

> >     Data Offset : 272 sectors
> >    Super Offset : 8 sectors
>
> The above two items are what you need for both version 1.1 and 1.2
> superblocks in order to figure things out.  The data, aka the filesystem
> itself, starts at the Data Offset which is 272 sectors.  The superblock
> itself is 8 sectors in from the front of the disk because you have
> version 1.2 superblocks.  So, 272 - 8 - size of the superblock, which is
> only a sector or two, is how much internal space you have.  So, in your
> case, you have about 132k of space for the bitmap.

	OK.  The 10 drive system shows:

bitmap: 0/466 pages [0KB], 1024KB chunk

	The 7 drive system shows:

bitmap: 0/350 pages [0KB], 2048KB chunk

So you think I should remove both and replace them with

mdadm -G /dev/md0 --bitmap=internal --bitmap-chunk=65536

?

	While most of the files are large video files, there are a fair
number which are smaller data files such as those of the IMAP server and
Quicken.  I don't want performance to be too terrible for them, either.