Re: md software raid

Majed B. wrote:
Thank you Richard for the update!

Though with the recent performance drops of XFS on 2.6.3x kernels, and
the fact that the XFS patches are fairly new (and probably buggy), I'd
rather stay away from XFS for a while and look into other possible
options. If any...

No, as I mentioned earlier, the original poster of the thread of the "reduced write performance on late kernels", later posted that the slowdown occured on ext filesystems as well and indeed if you search the archive back a week or so, you will find he has bisected the patchs that have caused this regression.

Regards,

Richard