Re: Is My Data DESTROYED?!

You're not understanding.

I plan for the **storage server** to mount the RAID0 volume on the HTPC (shared), so the **storage server** can do all backup and checking operations.  This should be a job for the storage server, not the HTPC.  The HTPC should/will perform all video duties.

And NFS/Samba are out.  O-U-T, OUT.  Old-and-busted.  Useful like a washboard.  Many years ago I vowed that I would never learn two things:  automatic transmissions, and NFS.  I did learn and use Samba for some years, but now it is old-and-busted.  sshfs has served me well over the past year and a half, under rigorous conditions.  It is limited though by CPU consumption for encryption.  This is why I will investigate clustering filesystems and FUSE options.