RE: md software raid

Thanks this info was very helpful.

The reason I asked was because I have been following a thread re MD-XFS 50%
write performance issue with different kernel releases and as performance is
important to me  I was thinking it might be better for me to use an older
kernel (2.6.28.4) but keeping md,mdadm functionality up to date

Ian.d