Re: Is My Data DESTROYED?!

You know, I was worried that my main HTPC would be overloaded, with Myth commercial flagging, transcoding, and storage server operations like ssh encryption and checksumming.

But clearly storage server operations should be carried out by the storage server.  This'll be a little qbox-f mini-ITX system in the garage in case of fire or theft.  So I could iSCSI the HTPC's RAID0 volume to the storage server, hopefully through an SSH tunnel, and the storage server could merrily do the rsync, checksumming, and whatever operations, while the HTPC does its proper jobs.  When not in use the storage server would sleep.  Sure, the storage server will be just an Atom or Geode, but as long as its operations don't take more than 24 hours it's OK.