Re: Raid 5 to raid 6 reshape failure after reboot

Hi Neil,

Here is the output I've got :

bleh mdadm # ./mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 /dev/sd[bdef]1 --backup-file
backup  -v mdadm: looking for devices for /dev/md0
mdadm: /dev/sdb1 is identified as a member of /dev/md0, slot 0.
mdadm: /dev/sdd1 is identified as a member of /dev/md0, slot 1.
mdadm: /dev/sde1 is identified as a member of /dev/md0, slot 3.
mdadm: /dev/sdf1 is identified as a member of /dev/md0, slot 2.
mdadm:/dev/md0 has an active reshape - checking if critical section
needs to be restored mdadm: too-old timestamp on backup-metadata on
backup mdadm: Failed to find backup of critical section
mdadm: Failed to restore critical section for reshape, sorry.

The backup file is of course the one I've been using for the grow
command.

The values I've got :
 - info->array.utime : 1256026602
 - bsb.mtime : 1256020033

My timezone is Europe/Brussels if that matters.

Removing this check makes the reshape continue and the array start
correctly.

Let me know if you want me to do some more tests.

HTH,
  Guy