active/active raid0

I'm testing an active/active setup that uses md for raid0 and was hoping for some feedback. The basic design has a storage device that runs vladed (aoe-storage) and an aoe initiator (controller) that creates a raid0 using mdadm from the aoe devices. From there, lvm (clustered/clvm) slices out storage for sharing block devices. I don't want to concentrate on the layers above that (clustered file systems, etc) but mainly the active/ active portion of this interacting with raid0 (via md not lvm) and aoe.

Some diagrams that may help in understanding...
-----
"Physical" diagram:

(export network block devices [ iscsi, aoe, etc] )
               -----------
               /        \
      active  /          \  active
  +-------------+      +-------------+
  | controller1 |      | controller2 |
  +-------------+      +-------------+
             \           /
              +---------+

            +-------------+                    +-------------+
            | aoe-storage | --- drbd raid1 --- |  secondary  |
            +-------------+                    +-------------+

-----
Layer diagram:
+-----------------+
|   aoe target    | aoe-storage

My main concern is interaction with buffer cache and the consistencies of the md devices between the controllers (probably not page cache since these are block devices?). Will direct/O_DIRECT bypass this keeping the state of the data purely on the aoe-storage device? I have a test setup of this running with no issues so far connecting to the controllers that run iscsi-target (iet) in blockio mode, thus bypaassing buffer/page cache.

Any feedback is appreciated.

--
Matth