RE: A few remaining questions about installing to RAID-10

WAT?!  How can I mount an unpartitioned/unformatted array?  This is more direct than using a filesystem, although there would be no journalling, right?  If I were to mount my small disk for / and the unpartitioned array as /home for example.

Seems like journalling/crash recovery is pretty vital.  Could not partitioning be recommendable?