RAID0 fail monitoring

Hi All...

MD today is out performing many mid-level and above hardware raids and
as such becoming more of a widely used tool.  So although I can see
that this topic or ‘hiccup’ has been discussed a few times, I cant
find a resolution or decision.

Basically, there seems no way to tell a RAID0 error... I Know that it
may seem obvious (your /dev/xxx dies), but as I say MD nowadays is
presented to systems in all sorts of ways (i.e. MD > LVM > XFS > IET
etc).  so the user may not even familiar with the MD or isolated...
MDadm monitors all other raids well allowing messages to be emailed
etc,.

I think it would be good if MDadm could report  a R0 in any basic way....

I am new to linux, so thought that I best define what I am doing /
seeing in case I am just being stupid....

(mdadm ver 3.0)

If drive fails on RAID0 then mdadm reports the array with faulty drive
as “Active”

1)	When I monitor the md device

Mdadm –monitor /dev/mdx

I get the message “DeviceDisappeared on /dev/mdx Wrong-Level”

I seem to get this message even when md device is in good state and
not just when I have failed disk

The previous thread that I read seemed to imply that this message is
only on failed device status and on reading manual that is what I was
expecting.

Have  I misunderstood the manual?

If above is not the case then is there any effective way to monitor
for RAID0 failure. I understand that md cannot do anything about
failed disk, but it would be useful to know of md device failure
before an application IO request.

Although md can do nothing about RAID0 failure there are layers
sitting on top that are constantly dependent on knowing status of md
device