Re: RAID mirror, resyncing from bad disk

On 13/09/2009 20:19, Ronny Adsetts wrote:
[...]
The problematic array is /dev/md2 and the dying disk is /dev/sdc.

When I try to resync it gets to about 99.2% then gives load of I/O errors in /var/log/kern.log and finally gives up and restarts the sync.

Ideally I just want to tell the system to ignore the bad sector and just resync the array.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this resolved short of reinstalling?

You need to ddrescue the contents of the dying drive onto a good one, then replace the dying drive with the fresh one. This will require taking the array down but you won't have to reinstall, unless you've lost something important in the lost sectors on the dying drive.

Cheers,

John.