RE: Question on RAID-5 rmw & rcw(read modify write & read construct write)

Hi Neil,
  I am reading following lines from "raid5.h" , not clear what they
mean. If some DMA engines doesn't support what should we do ?

 * 1/ Parity check operations destroy the in cache version of the parity
block,
 *    so we prevent parity dependent operations like writes and
compute_blocks
 *    from starting while a check is in progress.  Some dma engines can
perform
 *    the check without damaging the parity block, in these cases the
parity
 *    block is re-marked up to date (assuming the check was successful)
and is
 *    not re-read from disk.

Regards,
Marri