>16TB RAID0

Has anybody here tried using a >16TB RAID0?  When I recently got my
hands on some 2TB drives, I decided to check out the current status of
large EXT4 filesystems on 32-bit systems.  I created a ~17TB RAID0,
and immediately had problems.  Andreas Dilger advised me to try out
his llverdev utility (kindly hosted by Val Aurora at
http://valhenson.livejournal.com/38933.html) to verify that the
underlying device is functioning properly.  Running "llverdev -p -v
/dev/md0" on a >16TB array resulted in a runaway process, with
llverdev and pdflush each eating up 100% of the CPU time on my two
cores, but not advancing the write offset.  The process did not appear
to be interruptable after more than 30 minutes, and I had to do a hard
shutdown.  A RAID0 just under 16TB ran through llverdev without a
hitch.

I'm in the process of running a RAID5 array through the same test now,
but it's already past the point where the RAID0 failed; so if it does
fail, it'll likely be due to a different cause.  Does anyone have any
ideas?  Has this never been done before?  I'm running debian on a
2.6.30.1 kernel.

-Justin