RE: where is async_tx_clear_ack() function called.

Dan,
   After disabling memcopy support in ADMA, file system corruption
doesn't seem to happening. I am going to take a look at this channel
switching stuff.
Regards,
Marri

On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 10:44 -0700, Tirumala Reddy Marri wrote:

> Thanks Dan.
>   I see the flags are set in the xxxx_pre_dma_xor. I am hitting
> BUG_ON(async_tx_test_ack(depend_tx) || depend_tx->next || tx->parent)
> I happening. Looks like some dependency related issue.  When I
> suppress this by calling async_tx_clear_ack() in xxx_free_slots()
> function, that is leading to file-system corruption in the case of
> recovery or re-build.
>

> The driver I am working on is a different SOC . It  is a subset of
> (DMA+XOR little different) what emccraft posted. That driver can't be
> used as it is. There is another SOC ADMA driver which is completely
> different HW from the emccrafts driver.

Channel switching can be tricky to debug.  One thing you might try is
limiting offload to one channel.  I.e. if memcpy and xor are provided by
different channels then turn off (don't register) the memcpy channels
and see if that resolves your issue.  If it does then you need to review
the iop-adma driver or the Emcraft ppc440spe driver to see what is
causing the mishandling of channel switching.