What will happen with spares in this scenario?

Hello,

I have 16 disks and two RAID controllers, 8 disks per controller.
These are c0d0 -> c0d7 and c1d0 -> c1d7.    The first disk on each
controller is configured with two partitions:  300MB (p1) and the rest
of the disk (p2).   Then I make some mirror plexes:

c0d0p1 + c1d0p1 = md0
c0d0p2 + c1d0p2 = md1
c0d1p1 + c1d1p1 = md2
c0d2p1 + c1d2p1 = md3
c0d3p1 + c1d3p1 = md4
c0d4p1 + c1d4p1 = md5
c0d5p1 + c1d5p1 = md6
c0d6p1 + c1d6p1 = md7

Disks c0d7p1 and c1d7p1 are added to md7 as spares, and all the
mirrors are configured to be in the same spare-group in mdadm.conf.

If I loose a disk in a mirror other than md7, then md will steal a
spare disk from md7 and use that.  But what if the disk is c0d0 or
c1d0?  There are two mirror plexes sitting on top of these disks
mirroring different partitions.  Will md work this out, partition the
spares accordingly and fix up both using one spare disk, or will it
just break, or will it get really confused and try to use both the
spares in md7 to resolve the situation?

I think I already know what the answer's going to be and that I've
just shot myself in the foot?  Well, not quite as this isn't a live
server yet so I have time to correct this.

Rgds,

John