Re: How to un-degrade an array after a totally spurious failure?

On Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 08:56:42PM -0500, Leslie Rhorer wrote:

> [...]
Yes - as the array is still active then it's likely to have changed
since the drive failed.  This means that stopping the array and
re-assembling, forcing the failed drive active, could lead to
corruption.  Removing & adding it will ensure the data is updated to
match the current array state.

Of course, neither option should be pursued unless you know _exactly_
why the drive failed and know that it's safe to re-add it to the array.

Cheers,
    Robin
--
     ___