Re: RAID halting

On 07/04/2009 18:47, Leslie Rhorer wrote:
[...]  What puzzles me
(among other things) is why do 5 of the drives show zero reads while 5 of
them show very low levels of read activity, and always the same 5 drives?

Can you identify how these drives are connected? If I recall correctly, you're using port multipliers (because you have to); is there anything like a pattern between the activity of drives and the PMPs or PMP channels they're connected to?

To borrow your expression, PMPs have left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Actually ReiserFS has too, though that was much longer ago.

Anyway, apologies for my last mini-flame (is that a smoulder?), and best of luck getting to the cause of your problem.

Cheers,

John.