Re: [Patch] mdadm ignoring homehost?

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 10:47:00AM -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:
FWIW, I happen to disagree with this method. And I'm currently testing out a new algorithm for this in Fedora 11 beta.

Does the array match an array mdadm.conf via uuid? If yes, use name from mdadm.conf. If no, does the array match an entry in mdadm.conf via the standard super-minor/name mapping? If yes, and that array line contains a uuid that doesn't match this entry, then use a random name because this is likely a conflict. If yes and that line does not contain a uuid entry, then this is likely a match, but a poor one. Use the name, but don't like it. If no, then this array didn't match the mdadm.conf file at all and is likely a foreign array. However, if there is no mdadm.conf file, or if there is a mdadm.conf file and nothing in it used our name, then foreign or not, it likely won't conflict on name, so go ahead and use the standard name for this device.
i think the idea is sound,
i only took a glance at the implementation, but i cannot understand the
use of "conf_exists()" function...

Regards,
L.

--