Re: Re-size RAID-10

On Thursday March 26, raziebe@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Neil Hello
> I will be grateful for your reply. Currently I am working on raid0
> code reshape.
>  1. Will you be working on this functionality in the near future ?

I have no plans for raid0 reshape or raid10 reshape.

>  2. Should I save the superblocks like mdadm does in the case of 1,4,5,6 ?

When the layout changes, you certainly have to update the superblock,
yes.

>  3. What is the heuristics of strip_zones ? why do we need them ?

To make maximum use of available space.

> . non-power 2 raid0 chunk sizes.
>  4. Other than segments masks issues, why isn't possible ? can't i fix raid0
>   to support 3MB chunks with a segment of 1MB ?

There is no intrinsic reason why chunk sizes should be powers of two.
When I started working on the code that limit already existed and I
have never had any reason to remove it.

If you would like to create patches which provide support for
non-power-of-two chunk sizes, I will be happy to review them.

NeilBrown