Re: rescue an alien md raid5

I mentioned the OSS layer because if LVM was involved, it would have
been included in the GPL'ed SW listing.

As noted, there's no LVM software in the GPL listing, and none of the
commands were found on the NAS device - it can be telnet'ed into, but
has a limited set of tools available (busybox and not much else
besides mdadm)

I've since found out that the data on the RAID was a set of VM images
that were recoverable via other means so I'm stopping my efforts to
restore it.

It was an interesting diversion tho and I thank all of the comments
and suggestions.  I've learned a lot.

Harry