Re: RAID-10 unbalanced reads

Hi,

> The boot partition is most likely a raid1 partition, which is quite

yep, it is.

> Depends on how you measure things. It could be that sdb2 has delivered
> some blocks that md1 did not use, and thus did not register as read.

OK, good to know.

> Are these numbers taken like just after a boot?

No, after some usage.
And this makes me doubt of myself.
Maybe I started something which was causing this.

> Activity on /boot indicates this. You seldomly use /boot after booting.
> If so, it is a bit interesting that you have about 1/3 of the IO done in
> writing. Why is there so much wroting? I thought that booting was
> almost only reading.

I think /boot was OK, it is on /dev/sd[ab]1, not
so many writes.

> > The only thing that *could* do something on the
> > raw devices is "smartd", I cannot think anything
> > else. Maybe I will disable it, for now...
>
> I think that would be a good idea for your testing.

I'll try to enable/disable "special" services and see.

If I can reproduce clearly the issue, I'll come back.
Hope not...

Thanks again for your support,

bye,

--