raid 5 to 50 conversion

I thought of this one day and was wondering if it is even possible, so
here goes.
Disclaimer: I have no system that I actually want to do this on, it
was merely a hypothetical thought

Let's say I have a working 4 drive raid-5 array and I want to add 4
more drives of the same capacity and convert it to raid 50.
So I assume first I would set up the new blank array as a raid 5 then
setup stripping across the 2 raid sets.
Now I think the raid 0 setup would tell me to initialize everything
but I was thinking that raid 5 reshapes the arrays and stripes when
you modify it (add/grow a drive) so why couldn't that same algorithm
be applied in this scenario.

Again, this was just a hypothetical.
I doubt its possibly right now (maybe I'll be surprised) but then
again maybe it will inspire one of you to actually make this possible
in the future.

Jeff