bonnie++ on md device causes reboot on new motherboard

I have two four disk raid5 arrays on Ubuntu Linux 8.04 (AMD64).
Both are using XFS for the filesystem.

$ uname -a
Linux septictank 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Wed Aug 20 17:53:40 UTC
2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I recently replaced the motherboard and processor: switched from an
Intel Q35 motherboard + E5200 CPU to a Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2
motherboard (AMD 740G/SB700) with an 4850e CPU.

I ran a ton of benchmarks under the old configuration, and intend to
do the same with the new hardware.  (See my previous posts regarding
SATA/southbridge performance.)

Anyway, four times now, when I run bonnie++ (with my current working
directory on one of the md arrays), the computer immediately
reboots.

I saw this happen twice while I logged in remotely; I did it again
from the console to see if there are any useful error messages.

It flashed too quickly, but the reboot looked like it happened
immediately after bonnie++ started "Writing intelligently...".

There are no useful indications in the system logs.

Every time this reboot happens, it forces a rebuild of the md array.
I have only tried it on the one array (which is empty, so I can
afford to have the rebuild fail).  I'm afraid to try it on the other
one until I figure this out.

For what it's worth the md device in question is four Western
Digital 7500AAKS 750 GB 7200 rpm SATA drives.  The controller is not
the onboard SATA, but actually two 2-port PCIe SATA cards.

Anyone seen anything like this or have any ideas where I can start
looking for more information?

Thanks!
Matt