Re: Filesystem on RAID5 missing or corrupted after reboot (bad superblock error)

Justin Piszcz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you are using GPT partitions, the kernel will not recognize them
> after stop/start or a reboot unless you have this option enabled in the
> kernel:
>
> CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION=y
>
> Also, why use a GPT partition, do you have individual HDDs over 2TiB?
> If not, just make a regular partition on each HDD with fdisk and make
> it type
> 'fd'?
>
> Justin.
This seems likely to be the problem.
CONFIG_LBD=y
CONFIG_EFI=y
CONFIG_FB_EFI=y
CONFIG_PARTITION_ADVANCED=y
# CONFIG_EFI_VARS is not set
# CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION is not set

I've got a kernel building now with CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION=y so I will
know shortly.

My thinking with the GPT partition table was to be more future proof.
I'm already using 1.5 TiB drives, so it seems likely I would transition
to 2 TiB or larger drives whenever I replaced these or added to the
array.  Do you know if using a traditional/msdos partition table now
would be an issue if I wanted to migrate to larger disks in the future?

Thanks,
Mike