Re: RAID 6 recovery (it's not looking good) *Even More problems*

>> After cloning the partition of the 1.5TB disk to a replacement 500, it
>> wouldn't assemble as it had a different UUID.
>
> Is this new Drive 500TB of data.

I cloned a failing 500GB drive to 1.5TB drive using dd rescure and then to
clone it back to a 500GB drive I dd'd the partition because it was a smaller
drive.

>> So I tried assembling with assume clean and the first time I got
>> mount: /dev/md0: can't read superblock
>
> How did you copy the super block.

Not sure what you mean there? Which superblock?

>> So I tried a different order and got
>> mount: Structure needs cleaning
>>
>> And then trying the first order again I got
>> mdadm: failed to open /dev/sdp1 after earlier success - aborting
>
> did you run fsck after booting you could set up that.
>
> http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-force-fsck-on-the-next-reboot-or-boot-seque
> nce/
Not sure why this will be helpful? There's not an independent file system on
each md device is there?

Iain