Re: southbridge/sata controller performance?

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 08:08:07AM +0100, Keld J?rn Simonsen wrote:
> What about CPU usage?

I didn't watch that while running the test, but I can certainly
re-run them.  Is watching top the best way measure CPU usage, or is
there a better/more precise (and scriptable) way to capture CPU
usage for a process or group of processes?

> What happens when you put it into one or more raids, what are then
> your combinde performance? Did you experiment with different raid
> types?

I was only doing read tests at the raw sata device level, so the
actual raid shouldn't have made a difference.  Although as an
afterthought I realized could run the script at the md-device level.

Plus, I have semi-valuable data on these raids, and don't want to go
messing with them at this point!  :)