Re: One Large md or Many Smaller md for Better Peformance?

Carlos Carvalho wrote:

I use reiser3 and xfs. reiser3 is very good with many small files. A
simple test shows interactively perceptible results: removing large
files is faster with xfs, removing large directories (ex. the kernel
tree) is faster with reiser3.

My current main concern about XFS and reiser3 is writebacks. The default mode for ext3 is "journal," which in case of power failure is more robust than the writeback modes of XFS, reiser3, or JFS -- or so I'm given to understand.

On the other hand, I have a UPS and it should shut down gracefully regardless if there's a power failure. I wonder if I'm being too cautious?

--
Moshe Yudkowsky * moshe@xxxxxxxxx * www.pobox.com/~moshe
 "Keep some secrets/Never tell,